Our world as we know it has changed seemingly overnight in the wake of COVID-19.
While social distancing and quarantine efforts serve a greater cause, to flatten the curve, it’s easy to get and stay sucked in by worry, uncertainty, and fear.
Cabin fever might make you and everyone in your household irritable hence being intentional about your time indoors can mitigate discomfort and go a long way.
1. For those with families – Enjoy much needed time with the children by finding creative ways to spend time indoors or outdoors if weather permits
2. With most people telecommuting and working from home, this gives you more time back. Enjoy this time by getting much-needed rest and sleeping in later than usual or going to bed earlier
3. Complete tasks around the house that you never seem to have time for. Example closet organizing, sorting through clothes, etc
4. Enjoy quality time with your significant other – get creative with indoor dates. Call and check in on loved ones.
5. Work on your side hustle or passion. The thing you love but never have enough time to dedicate to it. This is your time to build and bring your passion to life
6. Take a time out and slow life down – relax, watch movies, take naps, take long baths…do what feels good as you rejuvenate
7. Play catch up – there is always something to do – work for online entrepreneurs, homework for those in school, your endless to-do list.
8. Perfect time to fast since you’re home for a few days
9. Media break/detox – It’s easy to waste even more time on social media or in WhatsApp groups time-wasting. Schedule social media time like you would a meeting and avoid going over the limit.
10. Read/listen to a book, watch a documentary, self-development webinars…learn something new that will leave you a better person by the end of the quarantine
11. Do something new – go for a long walk while listening to a podcast, crosswords, sudoku, family games, etc Immerse yourself in finding a solution for a problem you’ve been putting off due to lack of time.
12. Do something for you – meditate, workout – did you sign up for #burn30hiit – My home workouts? This might be time to jumpstart your workout regimen. How about using the time for silent time, gratitude time, do some soul searching, self excavation – answer the question who are you, without using labels (mother, wife, student, manager, boss…) who really are you? What makes you tick and why?
Time is a finite resource and regardless of what’s going on in the world, it’s still ticking and tocking away. Don’t let this time go to waste, it just be might be the time you needed for your personal breakthrough.
Stay focused on what’s important, stay positive and most importantly, stay safe 🙂
Which of the above are you doing or can you begin doing? Share in the comments below.
Also, are you on Instagram? If so, please connect with me and don’t miss the Q&A session on IG stories that will expire on Sunday afternoon -> instagram.com/fitkenyangirl
Am doing something for myself, I realized this is the time to jumpstart my workouts at home and start eating healthy so far I can feel the change. Let’s all stay safe from this pandemic.Thank you Jane and may God bless you
Thank you dear, great tips here
Thanks Jane for your encouragement comes in handy…as much as staying in doors is tricky you give ways of making it interesting n doing things that may tend to be monotonous..thank you so much.
Ps…you look lovely in that gown..keep glowing keep shining
I want to try boiling water with neem leaves, bend my face over the bucket, cover my head with a towel, to enable the flu go away. I don’t have dry cough nor headache. For my little gal too.
Going for long walks
Sorting my closet and cleaning my shoe rack
Thank you Jane for these helpful tips. Much appreciated
Stay safe and stay healthy. Namaste
Iam having quality time with family, reading, cleaning the house and looking forward to workouts at home. Thank you Jane. Stay safe.
Am still required to go to work,am hoping my employer will allow us to work from home soon.Am continuing with morning exercise to build my immune system.Good work Jane,you are doing great work,i don’t take it for granted.Its rare to get free advices.
Squat press and jump ropes.
Number 12 and 3. Thank you so much Jane Mukami.
I didn’t realize this is exactly what I’ve been doing over the years as I’m an introvert. I love being indoors. Thanks for sharing.
Bless You Jane Mukami. And please don’t remove us on your Facebook group. We are silent because of being shy but we learn alot. Thanks again.
Learning thanks jane
Spending loads of time with my kids and reflecting on the last 20 years as I turn 40 this year. Really need to jumpstart the workout sessions (mostly running), which has been dormant for a year. Thank you for the reminder that there’s a lot to be thankful for despite the uncertainty.
I like the “EXCAVATION” who am i without the labels? what makes me tick?…That is some thing we all have to figure out
It’s good time to spend with the family. Thanks Jane for always enlightening us.
Your list is excellent & spot on!
My issue is not about running out of things to do, but really being overwhelmed by managing my brood of 5 with continued learning & home support.
Despite that, I am carving a little ‘me’ time to stay sane. Not succumbing to the feeling of wanting to have everything in place. This may include locking my bedroom door & ignoring some whining & sibling squabble, lol!
The awareness to lead by example is encouraging me to pay better attention to my daily choices, diet & exercise routine.
Stay blessed Mukami, you are always an inspiration!
Glad you’re finding your way to navigate 🙂
Reading my long favorite novel and arranging my clothes??????
Number 3 and 1 are just meant for me
This is fantastic and was a successful fun way to spend self quarantine.Stay safe beautiful Jane.
Thank you and you too 🙂
Hi Jane, I’m currently working form home as I supervise my children’s learning. It is definitely anew way of living and operating that I never once imagined would be possible. And now I know it is:).
I plan to declutter my wardrobe, learn how to play Sudoku and come up with a solution for a problem we’ve been having at work for a while. And since my local gym has suspended operations temporarily, I am back to outdoor running in the meantime. Your list above has given me clarity.
Thank you very much and stay safe too!
glad the list was helpful 🙂 checkout my post today about 11 Dos and don’t for working from home
this is awesome
Thanks for this, Jane.
In trying to organize my closet, I have found 13k in the old Kenyan thousand notes that are now useless!
As I mourn over my loss, could you kindly recommend to me exercise that I can do that are gentle on my knees? I have been skipping rope for the last week, and my knees hurt so bad, yet i really need to lose weight.
thanks in advance.
This is the time am cooking meals for my family enjoying it and having time to relax,I even have time to snap 30 minutes in the afternoon