We only have 1 and mothers are indeed special! Every mother’s day I like to love on mine to remind her just how special she is!
Why do I love my mother?
- Despite having to drop out of high school in form 2, because my grand-parents couldn’t afford to meet her tuition, she hustled her way through life and was an entrepreneur from the early age of 24. She made a way out of no way….and for that, I have no excuse but to be the best that I can be given that I have much more than she did.
- She chose to have me at 19 years old. At that time she was working as a house maid and wasn’t in a suitable situation to think about bringing a child into this world…but she did.
- She taught me how to respect her. I remember disliking her as a child because she used to whoop my ass for anything and everything…or so it seemed. I was so scared of her that I quickly realized that doing what she asked was the only to survive under her watch. I feared her! It wasn’t until I turned 21 that we became friends….really good friends. Looking back in retrospect I understand why she was so strict and grateful because it kept me out of mischief.
- She is warm and loving. She takes time to constantly remind my brother and I how much she loves us. Any one that meets my mother takes to her because she is so warm and inviting.
- She is Strong, bold and stands her ground for what she believes in and is fearless.
- She never forgets her past or humble beginnings and continues to take care of others even when she isn’t in the best position to do so.
- Open minded and supportive
I could go on and on…the list is endless. My mom is the bombdotcom and I one day hope to be as good a mom as mine has been to me.